Saturday, November 17, 2007

Dead Turkey Day Approaches!

So Nexon has already begun their Thanksgiving event goodness, and unlike the Halloween fiasco, it is available to all players--if you're tough enough that is... There are now Turkey commandos running around, and they cause a bit of sting when they're FIRIN'THE LAZER!!!. They do give a decent coin and 41 Exp, and only at about 3xx hit points from what I gather. Everyone wants to tag as many as they can because they drop some decent food items that can be redeemed daily for a quest to get Maple Points (which is basically going to be at a rate of 100pts a day if you're devoted to it) from one of the store vendors in the game. I personally like training on them, because they have much lower avoid ability than the wooden masks in the Excavation Site maps.

I jumped on the game Friday and totally found myself shocked by the fact that there was a CVS and a Target in Henesys... I guess they put them in there during the last patch to make the Thanks giving quest to get Maple points a bit more "articulate"... Personally I was a bit weirded out by it. It just seemed like a rather unnecessary advert in the game that I was hoping didn't end up happening to Maple Story, however it starts to make me wonder a bit. What if they begun to incorporate billboards around random spots that advertised things in real life that were market specific? Something like banner ads on a website. I definitely know this wouldn't be the first video game to pull that off, but I wonder if that would actually be a good idea or not. Hell, I found out about Maple through a banner ad on some website (it was either 8bit theater or VG Cats... I can't remember). The bad side to this happening is that it'l basically generate more revenue and that means Nexon is going to want to exploit that, so a flood of adverts can be a possibility. Either way, I'm interested in seeing what occurs next.

I still haven't gone into the Phantom Mansion! I've been meaning to check it out, because I hear it's a rad maz full of monsters to train on. But the train ticket is much too expensive (I'm a cheap bastard) to visit New Leaf City again, so I've been putting it off. This is why I've never actually taken my high level characters to Orbis, so I've never really been there either. I'll be sure to jump right on that as soon as I get done training on these turkeys and redeeming Maple points (which is going painfully slow, I might add).

I've already made level 26 on my sparse playing schedule, so maybe a realistic plan would be to make level 30 by next weekend--or sooner since I've got time off pretty much the entire week! I'll be sure to post a current screen shot by the end of today, because the one I've got up there now is totally out of date--I haven't worn that helm in ages... So I'll get on that. Be sure to hit me up in game with your opinions on this Holiday's events and whether you approve of advertising affiliates in your towns of choice? Until later! (which might be today, since I've got to update the snap shot)

No comments: