Saturday, November 10, 2007

20 Days Later...

Alright, it looks like I didn't reach the level I had anticipated that weekend. I blame myself...myself and responsibilities... I had to take a prologued break in order to pick up the slack that had been dropped on me from school and the regular life issues that pop up, which is fine by me seeing how I was about to stab myself in the eyes with how frustrated I was becoming with all the grinding. The game seems to feel pretty fresh now that I've taken half a month off from it, so now I can get back to trudging onto my job advancement. However, I'm pretty stuck where I am right now, because it's about that time where I'm debating whether to pump my dexterity so I won't run into inaccurate strikes, or create a low dexterity character. I've thought about going the "low dex" route, because the damage is oh so appealing, but I don't think I have the patience for it let alone the Mesos... I'm going to sit on training my dexterity for a while (at least until the next level up anyway), because I really want to start killing some bigger critters.

I get fairly fatigued when I game for prolonged amounts of time, and I believe I have had an instance where I've fallen asleep while the game was still running, however I've noticed that this isn't a freak occurrence in the game. I constantly see people standing in towns, AFK (away from keyboard) or merely just "sleeping" as their away message says. It doesn't occur so extreme in the lower populated channels, but within the first two I found hoards of colorful characters scattered around town sleeping at around 0300 hours. This gave me the overwhelming feeling that there are people who actually live in the game and wake up to play in the morning, which was somewhat frightening in some respects. I can see how people would enjoy being "Famed" or recognized in game, but the power used to run the all of those computers for no reason at all is just mind boggling. Don't even get me started on the server lag that's the result of it... I've been guilty of taking quick naps while I wait for my character to rest and recharge his health, but I wouldn't just leave it be like that, that's just such a waste for everyone else who would like to have a smooth experience in a popular channel without the lag and tackiness of a bunch of people snoozing and asking for fame in the middle of a high traffic area.

Another thing I've noticed is that the Halloween candies are still dropping from enemies... I wonder whether that's because they planned on having more people able to actually have candies in time for next year, or merely because they were too lazy to write them out of the game until October... Whatever the case, I imagine people stockpiling them and eliminating the need for the kill-stealing that occurred so much during the recent Halloween event, which means someone's going to make lots of Mesos if people are still event hungry to get pumpkin baskets. Personally, I actually got turned on to Malady's Candy because they seem to heal quite a bit: 100% HP/MP, 50% HP/MP, and 300 HP MP for blue, green and red respectively. I cashed in about fifty candies right on Halloween because I thought they'd be useless and vanish on November first (silly me), but I only came out with one Green candy... I'd suggest lower level characters selling their candy to higher level characters so that they can buy potions that wouldn't be wasted on a low amount of HP--at least it'd be more profitable than the silly pumpkin basket.

Speaking of Halloween, I still haven't gone into the Haunted Mansion in Masteria yet, despite the fact that it's open to the public. I hear that it wasn't at all worth buying a costume package for five bucks and running around a confusing maze Just for a couple of Event tied quests (which are unavailable now that Halloween is over I believe). As soon as I find enough time to make my way over to New Leaf City, I'll check it out and write up what I think about it, because it sounded very tempting to buy the akaranger outfit just to go in there during Halloween.

What do you think? I'd like to hear your thoughts on the homeless bums in the towns, the continuation of the candy drops, and about the Haunted Mansion. Hit me up in game or leave a comment, and I'll be sure to reply on a timely basis ^_^;;. Until next time! (which shouldn't be too long unless I get caught up writing papers again)

No comments: